Every day, Ontarians rely on their local police officers, 9-1-1 dispatchers and other police service personnel to keep their families and communities safe.
The Police Association of Ontario (PAO) is proud to facilitate the annual Police Services Hero of the Year Awards program, which provides the public with an opportunity to nominate and recognize their hero for the work they do on behalf of Ontarians. There are five award categories:
- On-Duty Difference Maker – Uniform Officer (A police officer who has gone above and beyond the expectations of the job while on-duty)
- On-Duty Difference Maker – Civilian Police Service Employee (A civilian police service employee who has gone above and beyond the expectations of the job while on-duty)
- The Extra Mile Award (A police officer or civilian police service employee who has done a one-time, extraordinary act of kindness or bravery while off the job)
- Community Role Model (A police officer or civilian police service employee who, in their free time, has made a notable difference in or contribution to their community over a prolonged period)
- Police Hero Honour Roll Award (Pays homage to a police officer or civilian police service employee who has made a significant impact over the past decade)
Nominations will remain open until March 18, 2024.